Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Feta and Spinach Mini Quiche



Quiche is one of my favorite foods. I generally do a broccoli, cheddar, and bacon version in a deep dish crust. But my lovely sister got me a set of muffin-top pans for Christmas. I clarified on my list that they needed to be muffin-top pans and not muffin-top pants. I have plenty of those already. Yeah. I had wanted the pans for awhile, but then once they were in my hot little hands- I had no idea what to do with them. I had baker's block. Nothing seemed special enough. Then I came up with this little gem. They are a little time consuming, but so yummy, and perfect for the girl's night I had planned. 





I used a large glass to cut 6 circles out of each of the sheets of pie dough. Because it was Valentine's Day weekend I cut hearts out of the scraps and just baked them right on the pans. You'll see what we do with them soon.  




Ready for the oven.





Recipe  
makes 24 mini quiche


2 boxes refrigerated pie crust
4 eggs
1/2 t. salt
dash of nutmeg
dash of black pepper
dash of garlic powder
2 C. milk
3 handfuls spinach leaves- chopped
1/4 C. crumbled feta cheese
Preheat oven to 350*. Grease your pans- including any parts you will be using to bake cut-outs. Cut out 6 circles form each pie crust for a total of 24. Press the crust into the pans and bake for 4 minutes. Using the back of a spoon press down on any bubbles that form in the crust. Turn the oven up to 425*. Sprinkle your crusts with spinach and feta cheese. Mix the eggs, milk, salt, nutmeg, pepper, and garlic powder in a large measuring cup with a spout and pour into the crusts. Be careful not to let them overflow. Gently set any cut outs you are using onto the top of the quiche. Bake the quiches at 425* for 3 minutes- then turn down the oven to 350* for an additional 7-9 minutes or until set. Allow quiche to cool slightly before removing from pan. 

1 comment: